Latest update: 22/03/2013
- Africa - François Hollande - French military - Islamist militants - Mali - Niger - Nigeria
Mali: Who's in charge?
It's not just a first suicide attack in Timbuktu that rings alarm bells. France 24 goes to the northern city of Gao and finds that two months on, there's not really a semblance of a functioning state, the locals mistrust the army, and most civil servants have yet to return from the capital.
- Abdoulay MAIGA. Malian Engineering student;
- Jean-Hugues KABUIKU. Franco-Congolese blogger;
- Michael KIRTLEY. Journalist, National Geographic & Africa International. Independent filmmaker;
- Luke BROWN. France 24 Reporter.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mark Thompson, Christopher Davis.