Latest update: 29/03/2013
- Africa - African politics - Central African Republic - coups - France - Jacob Zuma - South Africa
Why the coup? Old story, new players in Central African Republic (part 2)
It’s an all-too familiar tale, but with some new players: the latest coup in the resource-rich Central African Republic raises questions over South Africa’s support to ousted president François Bozizé and interests that go as far as France and China.
- Julie OWONO. Global Voices Online author for Sub-Saharan Africa. Head of Africa Desk, Internet Without Borders;
- Ebba KALONDO. Senior Producer, France 24;
- Emmanuel DUPUY. President, Institute for Prospective and Security Studies in Europe;
- Louisa LOMBARD. Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Geography at the University of California (from Berkeley).
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Valeriane Gauthier, Christopher Davis.