Latest update: 02/04/2013
- human rights - NGOs - Russia - Vladimir Putin
Kremlin crackdown: Putin tightens the screws (part 2)
Last year’s unprecedented protests against Vladimir Putin may be a fading memory, but the swoop against non-governmental organisations seems to indicate a tightening of the screws. François Picard’s panel argues over the motives and timing.
- Sasha KOULAEVA, Head of the Eastern Europe and Central Asia Desk, International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH);
- George Frederick JEWSBURY, Historian (Russia and Eastern Europe), Associate Researcher at CERCEC;
- Douglas HERBERT, International Affairs Editor, France 24;
- Natalia NAROCHNITSKAYA, President, Institute for Democracy and Cooperation and Former member, State Duma of the Russian Federation (2003-2007).
Programme prepared and produced by Christoper Davis, Anelise Borges and Mary Colombel