Why did Hugo Chavez's anointed successor blow a double-digit lead in the polls? François Picard's panel argues over whether Venezuela's election signals a fundamental shift for Latin America's left/right divide.
- Natalia BRANDLER, Venezuelan opposition supporter;
- James COHEN, Professor of Political Science - Université Paris III Sorbonne Nouvelle;
- Mayela RIVERO, Paris Coordinator for Venezuelan opposition Mesa de Unida Democratica;
- Mark WEISBROT, Co-director of the Centre for Economic and Policy Research & co-author of Oliver Stone documentary “South of the Border” (from Washington, DC)
- Simone BRUNO, France 24 Correspondent (from Bogota).
Produced by Christopher Davis, Charlotte Prudhomme, David Boratav.