Latest update: 19/04/2013
- Barack Obama - Blast - Democrats (USA) - guns - Republicans (USA) - Senate (USA) - terrorism
Obama's worst week: terror, tragedy and a stinging political defeat
From bombs in Boston to a massive blast in Texas, and now a stinging defeat on a hard-fought gun control bill, has this has been the worst week so far for Barack Obama's presidency? Can the US president regain the political upper hand and heal a polarised nation?
- Laurie DUNDON, Fellow, Truman National Security Project, Former State department officer;
- Gerald OLIVIER, Journalist and Editor at Atlantico;
- Marie Cecile NAVES, Researcher and Political Scientist specialized in Neo-Conservatives and the Tea Party;
- Josh KRAUSHAAR, Executive editor of National Journal Hotline and writer for the weekly "Against the Grain" column.
Produced by Christopher Davis, Charlotte Prudhomme, Sara Bertilsson.