French lawmakers have given the green light to keeping troops in Mali. Operation Serval began in January, and since then, al Qaeda-linked jihadists have been chased out of Mali's towns and cities. French troops have already begun to leave and the government says that just 1,000 soldiers will remain until the end of the year for training purposes. Laura Baines and her guests discuss whether Mali is really on the path to peace.
- Emmanuel DUPUY, President of the Institute for Prospective and Security Studies in Europe;
- Michael KIRTLEY, Journalist, National Geographic & Africa International, Independent filmmaker;
- Konare DOUGOUKOLO, Psychologist, Researcher at University Paris Descartes;
- Roland MARCHAL, Senior fellow at the CNRS;
- Arnaud DANJEAN, French MEP (UMP party); Member of the committee on foreign affairs and chair of the sub-committee on security and defence