Poverty is daunting, extremism on the rise, the politicians all too familiar and yet Pakistanis turned out in their largest numbers in decades to vote. François Picard’s panel argues over third-time winner Nawaz Sharif’s ability to learn from past mistakes.
- Ahmad K. MAJIDYAR, Senior Research Associate, American Enterprise Institute;
- Ghalib IQBAL, Pakistani Ambassador to France;
- Taha SIDDIQUI, France 24 Correspondent in Islamabad;
- Ayesha SIDDIQA, Independent political and defence analyst and author of "Military Inc: Inside Pakistan's Military Economy";
- Leela JACINTO, France 24 Senior Correspondent.
Watch the first part