People have been protesting for over two weeks in Turkey and the government has now sent in riot police. Prime Minister Erdogan says he has no more tolerance for protesters. Laura Baines and her panel discuss whether Erdogan is being to heavy handed, what brought about this unrest in the first place and why the government didn't see it coming.
- Ziya MERAL, Research Associate at the Foreign Policy Centre and a PhD candidate in Politics at the University of Cambridge
- Evren KÜÇÜKKAYA, Financial Analyst at Observatory of the Black, Gulf and Mediterranean Seas (OBGMS)
- Alexandre DEL VALLE, Professor of political science and Geopolitics
- Riva KASTORYANO, Director of Research at CNRS,
- Arnaud CASTAIGNET, Strategist and Communications Consultant for June 21st
watch the second part
Programme pprepared and produced by Emmanuelle Landais, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis