A state funeral for former South African president Nelson Mandela will be held on December 15, President Jacob Zuma has announced in a televised address. The anti-apartheid hero will be buried in his ancestral home of Qunu in the country’s Eastern Cape.
Latest update: 14/06/2013
- chemical weapons - Jacob Zuma - Nelson Mandela - Recep Tayyip Erdogan - South Africa - Syria - Turkey
The World This Week - 16 June 2013
By getting involved in a dispute over a park, Turkey’s prime minister unwittingly overstepped his prerogative and unleashed a storm. François Picard’s panel reflects on rising expectations in Istanbul. Also, South Africa after Mandela, Iran’s elections, and the radical chop at Greece’s public broadcaster.
- A. Craig Copetas, Correspondent-at-large, Quartz/The Atlantic Group
- Hamdam Mostafavi, Journalist, Iran Desk, Courrier international
- Claude Guibal, Senior Correspondent, France Culture
- Nicholas Norbrook, Managing Editor, The Africa Report
Programme produced and prepared by Emmanuelle Landais, Mary Colombel and Paul Maakad