Latest update: 05/07/2013
Egypt: what future for political Islam?
Be careful of what you wish for? As crowds cheer the army in Tahrir Square, elsewhere scores of arrests follow the overthrow of Egypt’s first democratically-elected civilian president. International divisions over the coup mirror the uncertainty over political Islam’s future in the Arab world.
- Mohammed HNID, Professor at INALCO
- Hanna YOUSEF, Egyptian activist
- Ardavan AMIR-ASLANI, Attorney, Paris Bar
- Borzou DARAGAHI, North Africa & the Middle East correspondent, Financial Times
- Hamza ZOBAA, Member of the Muslim Brotherhood
- Kathryn STAPLEY, France 24 correspondent
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis