Egypt is at a dangerous stalemate. The EU's Catherine Ashton has managed to meet with ousted president Mohamed Morsi - who is still in custody - but the people continue to take to the streets. Mark Owen and his panel discuss whether Egypt can move forward without the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Myra DARIDAN, Egyptian author and researcher; Former member of the Economic and Social Council in France;
- Mohamed SALEM, France 24 journalist;
- Gianni CARTA, Europe Correspondent, CartaCapital;
- Omar ASHOUR, Senior Lecturer, IAIS, University of Exeter; Non-Resident Fellow, Brookings Doha Center;
- Hamza ZOBAA, Writer, journalist and member of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Watch the second part
Programme prepared and produced by David Boratav, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis