As the former head of the military is sentenced to life in prison after Mark Owen and his panel discuss whether Turkey is becoming a true democracy or if it is on the verge of becoming an Islamic republic.
- Jasper MORTIMER, France 24 Correspondent
- Dorothée SCHMID, Researcher and Director of the Contemporary Turkey program, IFRI
- Arnaud CASTAIGNET, Communications Consultant, Member of the board of directors of Youth Diplomacy
- Abdullah BOSKURT, Ankara Bureau Chief and Columnist
- Henri BARKEY, Professor of International relations, Lehigh University
- Tolga BAG, International Political Economy student at King's College London
Watch Part 1
Programme prepared and produced by David Boratav, Dheepthi Namasivayam, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis.