A coup, an Islamist takeover, a foreign intervention and a refugee crisis... The people of Mali have had an eventful few months. But does the first election in six years mean that the country is now turning the corner? Laura Cellier's panel examines the many challenges ahead for Mali's new leader.
- Abdoulaye MAIGA. Malian Engineering student, native from Gao;
- Michael KIRTLEY. Independent journalist. Producer, The World Memory Film Project;
- Eduardo CUE. International Affairs Editor, France 24;
- Jeremy KEENAN. Professor of African Studies, London University - from London;
- Thomas MARTINEZ. France 24 Correspondent - from Bamako.
Programme produced by Anelise Borges, Dheepthi Namasivayam and Diaraye Bah.
Watch Part 1