Just how limited is the West’s influence over Egypt’s military? As the bloodshed continues, François Picard’s panel wonders if it’s still possible to hit the pause button on violence and broker a deal between the army and the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Ashraf KHALIL. France 24 Cairo Correspondent - from Cairo;
- Abdullah AL ARIAN. Assistant professor at Georgetown University in Doha - from Doha;
- Yoram MEITAL. Professor of Middle Eastern Studies, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev - from Boston;
- William JORDAN. Former US State Department Official;
- Virginie HERTZ. France 24 International Affairs Editor.
Produced François Picard, Anelise Borges, Dheepthika Namasivayam, Diaraye Bah.