Latest update: 30/08/2013
- civil war - David Cameron - France - Russia - Syria - UK - UN Security Council - United Nations - USA - war
Syria intervention: not so fast? (part 2)
All or nothing? François Picard’s panel argues over the viability of what Barack Obama has called "a shot against the bow" of President Assad’s forces. Haunted by the Iraq war, Western leaders proceed with caution ahead of a possible military intervention in Syria.
- General Dominique TRINQUAND, Consultant and Expert on United Nations and peacekeeping operations;
- Ammar Abd RABBO, Franco-Syrian Journalist;
- Natalia NAROTCHNISKAYA, Head of the Institute for Democracy and Cooperation;
Former Vice Chairperson, Duma Committee on international affairs;
- Bilal SAAB, Executive Director and Head of Research of the Institute for Near East and Gulf Military Analysis (INEGMA) North America in Washington, D.C.
Prepared and produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Julia Kim and Diaraye Bah