Latest update: 09/09/2013
- Barack Obama - Bashar al-Assad - Iran - Microsoft - Russia - Syria - Vladimir Putin
The World This Week - September 6th, 2013 (part 2)
The G20 summit was clearly not the best place for Barack Obama to build momentum in the US Congress for intervention in Syria. Just look at the smug demeanour of the summit’s host, Vladimir Putin. Also, Iran’s mixed messages on Syria, the bid for the 2020 Olympics and how Nokia-buyer Microsoft lost its mojo.
- Régis LE SOMMIER, Associate Editor-in-Chief, Paris Match;
- Anne Elisabeth MOUTET, Editorialist, The Sunday Telegraph;
- Craig COPETAS, Correspondent-at-large, Quartz/The Atlantic Group;
- Hamdam MOSTAFAVI, Journalist, Courrier International.
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges and Mary Colombel