After the firebrand days of Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, has Tehran turned over a new leaf? As diplomacy over Syria gets moves next week to the annual assembly of the United Nations in New York, Washington is playing down the chances of a handshake between Barack Obama and his new Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani.
- Dr. Hooshang AMIRHAMADI. Professor at Rutgers University. President of the American Iranian Council - from New Jersey;
- Nooshabeh AMIRI. Editor, ROOZONLINE.COM;
- Ely KARMON. Institute for Counter-Terrorism, Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) - from Raanana;
- Patrick CLAWSON. Director of Research, Washington Institute for Near East Policy - from Washington D.C.;
- Didier CHAUDET. Research Fellow at the Institute for Prospective and Security Studies in Europe.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Christopher Davis, Mary Colombel.
Watch the second part here.