Latest update: 19/09/2013
- crime - Facebook - France - François Hollande - Manuel Valls - National Front party (France) - social networking
Hero or criminal? Support for French jeweler goes viral (part 2)
Amid a wave of sometimes violent jewellery store hold-ups, there are now 1.6 million "likes" on a Facebook page in support of a 67-year old Riviera jeweller who has been charged with murder after shooting one of his assailants in the back. The French are fed up with crime and the far-right is riding the wave of indignation against attackers who are increasingly younger and more violent. Francois Picard and his panel discuss crime and cyberactivism.
- Cyril RIZK, Head of the Statistics Division, National Observatory for Crime;
- Marie-Cecile NAVES, Researcher and Political Scientist, specialized in Neo-Conservatives and the Tea Party. Author of "The end of the Neo-Conservatives?”
- Philippe MOREAUX CHEVROLET, Columnist, Le Nouvel Observateur;
- Thibault de MONTBRIAL, Attorney at the Paris Bar.
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis