Latest update: 26/09/2013
- Al Shabaab - Kenya - Somalia - terrorism - Uhuru Kenyatta
Kenya attack: Questions for Kenya... and Kenyatta (part 2)
Many questions remain unanswered after the 80-hour bloodbath at Nairobi's Westgate mall. Somalia's Al-Shabaab militia was quick to claim responsibility for the attack. But as the investigation unfolds, the spotlight is turning to jihadist recruitment grounds that stretch as far as Minnesota, Sweden and the UK. François Picard and his panel delve into this thicket of information and look at what comes next for Kenya and its recently elected president.
- Jean-Charles BRISARD, JCB Consulting International, Author, "The New Face of Al Qaeda";
- Peter GUITAO, Kenyan Student at Sciences Po in Paris;
- Leela JACINTO, France 24 Journalist, reporting from Nairobi, Kenya;
- Clinton WATTS, Senior Fellow, Homeland Security Policy Institute at George Washington University.
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis