As the fear of default on US treasury bills looms larger and larger, the Tea Party stands its ground on tying the budget battle to the new US health care law. François Picard’s panel raises the spectre of Washington lawmakers that strike a temporary deal but lurch from crisis to crisis.
- Susan GUGGENHEIM, Co-founder of the Texas Tea Party Patriots PAC
- Amine OUAZAD, Assistant Professor of Economics and Political Science, INSEAD
- Philippe WAECHTER, Chief Economist, Natixis Asset Management
- Jean Pierre LAROCHELLE, Political Commentator and Analyst
- Douglas HERBERT, International Affairs Editor, France 24
Watch the second part
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis.