Latest update: 04/11/2013
- football - François Hollande - hostages - Niger - Recep Tayyip Erdogan - taxes - Turkey
The World This Week - November 1st, 2013 (part 2)
Spying may be nothing new, but after the latest revelations about the NSA, can the United States continue to effectively act as the world's internet caretaker? Also, the Islamic headscarf's return to the Turkish parliament, taxing times for French football, and the true cost of freedom for Western hostages.
- Craig Copetas, Correspondent-at-large, Quartz/The Atlantic Group;
- Ulrike Koltermann, Independent journalist;
- Judah Grunstein, Editor-in-Chief, World Politics Review;
- Leela Jacinto, Senior Writer, France24.com.
Produced by Elise Duffau, Haxie Meyers, Anelise Borges.