The French president's three-day state visit to Israel may have been planned long in advance, but François Hollande happened to arrive 48 hours before the resumption of crucial talks over Iran's nuclear program. It was Paris last week that balked at a deal, hence the enthusiastic red carpet treatment from his hosts. Come Wednesday, will Paris still be standing firm? And, as a nation that's home to both Europe's largest Jewish and Arab populations, what are the complexities of France's position?
- Daniel BEN-SIMON, Former member of the Knesset;
- Charles MEYER, The France-Israel Association;
- Samuel GHILES MEILHAC, The French Political Science Institute, Sciences Po
- Rouzbeh PARSI, Lund University;
- Annette YOUNG, France 24 Journalist.
Produced and prepared by Vittoria Pirone, Haxie Meyers-Belkin and Diaraye Bah