Over the course of his long career, Oscar-winning French director Claude Lelouch has made over 50 films. His latest movie, “Salaud, on t’aime!” is set to hit screens in France on April 2. Lelouch talks to FRANCE 24 about Paris.
1. What is your most cherished memory in Paris?
My favourite memories are in Montmartre, because it is the most beautiful village in France and the prettiest neighbourhood in Paris all at once.
2. What is the thing you like the most about Paris?
3. What is the thing you like the least about Paris?
Anyone who doesn’t like Paris. And boulevard Magenta (in the 10th arrondissement).
4. If you had to describe the city in three words, which words would you use?
Small adorable city.
5. How would you describe Parisians?
Italians without a sense of humour.
6. What’s your favourite neighbourhood in Paris?
7. If you could recommend one restaurant in Paris, what would it be?
Le Coq Rico (98 rue Lepic in the 18th arrondissement).
8. What’s your favourite bar in Paris?
I only drink water.
9. What’s your favourite venue to hear music in Paris?
10. Tell us one surprising thing about the city…
The best place to see Paris is on a Bateau Mouche (a tour boat that goes up and down the river Seine).
Date created : 2014-03-25