Although best known for her work in film, French actress Emmanuelle Seigner is also a musician. Her latest and third album “Distant Lover” was released on March 31. A Paris native, Seigner talks to FRANCE 24 about her hometown.
1. What is your most cherished memory in Paris?
I grew up around the Luxembourg Gardens, so I guess that is my best memory.
2. What is the thing you like the most about Paris?
It’s a beautiful city. It’s very well-lit.
3. What is the thing you like the least about Paris?
It’s become very boring. I don’t know what’s wrong – if it’s the country or just the city, but it’s become provincial. The night life was amazing in the '80s and the '90s but now it’s becoming a museum, like Rome. But I’m a real Parisian. I was born and raised here so I say this with real sorrow.
4. If you had to describe the city in three words, which words would you use?
I don’t know.
5. How would you describe Parisians?
They’re a bit arrogant, but very chic.
6. What’s your favourite neighbourhood in Paris?
Saint-Germain-des-Prés (in the 6th arrondissement)
7. If you could recommend one restaurant in Paris, what would it be?
I don’t like French food. I like everything but French food.
8. What’s your favourite bar in Paris?
I don’t have one. There’s nothing in Paris now, it’s out.
9. What’s your favourite venue to hear music in Paris?
10. Tell us one surprising thing about the city…
I can’t think of one.
Date created : 2014-04-08