Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

THE INTERVIEW

Nicaraguans 'betrayed' by Ortega, Bianca Jagger tells FRANCE 24

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

Protesters, punches and the President's bodyguard

Read more

THE DEBATE

Heavy Meddle: Is Russia outmanoeuvring the West?

Read more

INSIDE THE AMERICAS

Trump's Helsinki summit with Putin causes outrage in US

Read more

ENCORE!

On the red carpet with Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly and Paul Rudd

Read more

FOCUS

Spain's strawberry farms from hell

Read more

BUSINESS DAILY

UK book exports could be harmed by Brexit

Read more

IN THE PRESS

'Ortega, enough!'

Read more

PEOPLE & PROFIT

Greece's new chapter: Athens prepares to exit bailout programme

Read more

France

Bataclan announces first concert dates since Paris attacks

© Celine via Flickr | The Bataclan music hall in Paris

Text by NEWS WIRES

Latest update : 2016-04-18

The team running the Paris concert hall where 90 people were killed in last year's jihadist attacks announced Wednesday a series of concerts would be held at the venue in November.

British singer Pete Doherty and the Senegalese star Youssou N'Dour and his Super Etoile de Dakar band will play the Bataclan on November 16 and 18 respectively, the managers said in a statement.

They said work had begun on repairing the interior of the building but "no exact reopening date has as yet been fixed".

The choice of N'Dour, a Muslim, who has often spoken out in support of dialogue between the world's major religions, is likely to be seen as highly significant.

The US rock group Nada Surf and the French group MZ have also been booked to play the concert hall in the east of Paris in December, the statement added.

"We want to preserve the (Bataclan's) warmth and friendliness and maintain its popular, festive spirit," the management team said.

The California group Eagles of Death Metal, who were on stage when jihadist gunmen burst in opening fire on concert goers on November 13, have repeatedly said they want to return to play the venue.

(AFP)

Date created : 2016-04-13

  • BELGIUM - FRANCE

    Paris attacks suspect says he is ‘man in the hat’ from Brussels airport video

    Read more

  • BELGIUM - FRANCE

    Brussels terrorist cell aimed ‘to strike France again’

    Read more

  • EUROPE

    Is Europe still at threat from Paris-Brussels terror 'supercell'?

    Read more

COMMENT(S)