Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

EYE ON AFRICA

Kasai province killings : government releases footage allegedly showing execution of UN investigators

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

France's First Round Controversies

Read more

THE CAMPAIGN BEAT

"Front National" makes it to the second round for the first time since 2002

Read more

THE DEBATE

Macron vs. Le Pen: Unprecedented Choice in French Presidential Election (part 1)

Read more

THE DEBATE

Macron vs. Le Pen: Unprecedented Choice in French Presidential Election (part 2)

Read more

ENCORE!

Khatia Buniatishvili, the 'pop star pianist'

Read more

IN THE PAPERS

French press review: Macron 'just a step away' from Elysée Palace

Read more

THE CAMPAIGN BEAT

Will the traditional alliance against France's National Front work in round two?

Read more

TALKING EUROPE

Greek Cypriot negotiator: 'We regret that Turkey is distancing itself from Europe'

Read more

Giants quarterback Manning denies memorabilia scam

© GETTY IMAGES/AFP/File | New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning denies knowingly providing fake game-used memorabilia to collectors

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - 

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning angrily denied accusations that he knowingly provided fake game-used memorabilia to collectors.

"I've done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide," Manning told reporters on Thursday in his first public comments on the matter.

The two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback turned over a potentially incriminating email earlier this month in connection with a lawsuit that alleges Manning, the Giants and a team equipment manager knowingly provided memorabilia that was not worn in games.

Manning, 36, claims that the emails were "taken out of context" and that he's "more angry than anything" that his character is being called into question.

He said the pending litigation barred him from going into specifics.

"I will say that I've never done what I've been accused of doing," Manning said. "I have no reason, nor have I ever had any reason, to do anything of that nature. ... And I know that when this is all done, everybody will see it the same way."

The lawsuit, first filed in Bergen County Superior Court in New Jersey by collectors Eric Inselberg, Michael Jakab and Sean Godown three years ago, is to go to trial on September 25.

The lawsuit alleges an elaborate scheme to produce, pass off and sell memorabilia as game-used that was not.

© 2017 AFP