FRANCE 24 rapidly expanded its distribution in the first quarter of 2012, gaining 10 million households since the end of 2011. 245 million TV households can now receive FRANCE 24 throughout the world.
After signing over thirty new broadcasting contracts, FRANCE 24, which is currently available in 117 million homes in Europe, continues to expand across the continent thanks to a series of recent broadcasting agreements.
- In Italy, following an agreement with CANALE ITALIA the channel’s French version is now broadcast on channel 141 of Italy’s Digital Terrestrial Television network. As a result, FRANCE 24 is now received by 18 million households in Italy, which represents 76% of the market.
As well as this major distribution agreement, FRANCE 24 sealed several other deals:
- In Spain, the French version of the channel is now available on R Telecom’s IPTV, cable and mobile TV offers to 85,000 new subscribers.
- In Finland, FRANCE 24 has signed an agreement with ELISA to broadcast its English channel on the cable and IPTV offers, reaching 360,000 households.
- In Denmark, FRANCE 24 English version is now available to 40,000 subscribers via operator Waoo’s IPTV, Web TV and iPad application offers.
- In Monaco, FRANCE 24 has signed an agreement with leading operator Monaco Telecom to include its French, English and Arabic channels in its cable lineup.
- In Russia, FRANCE 24 has signed an agreement with three new operators: Intercom and Peshkina will include the English version of FRANCE 24 in their cable packages and Komtehcentr will add the French version to its IPTV offer.
FRANCE 24 also experienced strong growth in other eastern European countries, notably:
- in Ukraine, where FRANCE 24 has signed 12 new agreements, including TICA, Best, KS Plus and Maksnet operators.
- in Slovakia, where FRANCE 24 partners with VARES , TES Media and SLOVAK TELEKOM operators which include the English version in their cable packages.
- in the Czech Republic where the English version is now available on the NejTV’s cable offer and the English and French versions are part of cable operator ING Jiri Sulc’s and HDD’s IPTV packages. FRANCE 24 has also signed agreements in Macedonia with Blizoo and in Hungary with Zelka.
- Lastly, FRANCE 24 signed its first distribution agreement in Armenia with Ucom which now broadcasts its French and English channels as part of its IPTV offer.
For more real time information on FRANCE 24’s distribution worldwide go to: http://f24.my/ijOOim
About FRANCE 24 (www.france24.com):
FRANCE 24 - media of the Audiovisuel Extérieur de la France group - is the first international news channel that offers a French perspective and sensibility on world events. It broadcasts worldwide on a 24/7 basis on three channels, in French, English and Arabic. FRANCE 24 can be accessed by cable, satellite, ADSL and mobile phone. The website www.france24.com is available in 3 languages (English, French and Arabic).
FRANCE 24 contact:
Damien Amadou - Tel : + +33 (0)1 84 22 74 32 - email@example.com
Date created : 2012-04-26