FRANCE 24, the international news channel available in 235 million households in over 200 countries, is launching a new application for connected television sets.
FRANCE 24, the international news channel available in 235 million households in over 200 countries, is launching a new application for connected television sets. This move marks another milestone in its technological development as well as major step towards worldwide multimedia presence.
The new application will enable users to watch FRANCE 24 live in its three language versions and also tune into its global on-demand programs (reports, programmes, magazines, etc.)
Another major innovation is that this application will be “multi-screen” (mobile, tablets, etc.). It is part of a wider multimedia strategy that enables users to create their own “basket” of programmes, regardless of the type of terminal and operating system they are using.
Users will also be able to share all the content made available to them on the social networks using the Twitter and Facebook buttons located on the right hand side of the main screen.
A first version of this application is already being deployed by several eminent manufacturers (PHILIPS, TOSHIBA, SHARP, TECHNISAT, BOXEE) and is available on one HBB TV interactive portal in France (MesServicesTV). FRANCE 24 has also signed several agreements with television manufacturers which will integrate the application in the first quarter of 2012:
- SAMSUNG: the FRANCE 24 application will be available on all Samsung connected television sets, as well as on all its tablets and mobile phones throughout Europe.
- LG: FRANCE 24 has signed an agreement for all LG connected TV sets in Europe.
- TOSHIBA: FRANCE 24 is already available in Europe and will be available worldwide in the first quarter of 2012.
- PANASONIC: FRANCE 24 has signed an agreement to launch the service on Viera Connect throughout Europe.
- TECHNISAT: FRANCE 24 is now available throughout Europe on every TECHNISAT connected TV sets.
- LOEWE, VESTEL, HD+ / ASTRA, SETONE, EVIADO, KATHREIN, HITACHI, CGV, ITT, MEDION, PEAQ (BRAND OF MEDIA SATURN GROUP), TELEFUNKEN TELESTAR, FINLUX, FANTEC, EMINENT: thanks to a worldwide deal with NetRange MMH, FRANCE 24 is now available on these manufacturers connected devices of these manufacturers.
- BOXEE: FRANCE 24 has already signed an agreement for deployment in the United States and Canada, and also for Europe in 2012.
For Frank MELLOUL, Head of distribution and strategy, “this deployment on all connected TV sets in Europe and the world is a key stage in the expansion of our distribution. Thanks to this new application, FRANCE 24 programmes will be available on all TV sets sold around the world, thus securing additional influence and new viewers in regions where distribution is not optimum.”
About FRANCE 24 (www.france24.com):
FRANCE 24 is the first international news channel that offers a French perspective and sensibility on world events. It broadcasts worldwide on a 24/7 basis on three channels, in French, English and Arabic. FRANCE 24 can be accessed by cable, satellite, ADSL and mobile phone. The websitewww.france24.com is available in 3 languages (English, French and Arabic).
FRANCE 24 contacts:
Nathalie Lenfant – Tel.: +33 (0)1 73 01 24 11 - email@example.com
Damien Amadou – Tel.: +33 (0)1 73 01 24 31 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amal Hmimed – Tél. : +33 (0)1 73 01 24 14 – email@example.com
Date created : 2012-01-31