Latest update: 05/09/2011
- Bashar al-Assad - Christine Lagarde - Freedom of the press - IMF - Journalism - Libya - Muammar Gaddafi - Nicolas Sarkozy - Syria
The World This Week - September 2nd, 2011 (part 1)
François Picard’s panel chalks up the winners and losers of the conflict in Libya, approves the IMF’s Christine Lagarde for her straight talk on European banks, and argues over the impact of Nicolas Sarkozy’s inner circle ordering the phone-tapping of two investigative journalists.
- Eleanor BEARDSLEY. Paris Correspondent, National Public Radio;
- Anne-Elisabeth MOUTET. Columnist, The Sunday Telegraph;
- Craig COPETAS. Senior writer, Bloomberg News;
- Célestine BOHLEN. Freelance journalist.