Latest update: 13/01/2012
- France - French military - genocide - Paul Kagame - Rwanda
Rwandan genocide: French probe reviews attack that sparked terror (part 2)
As a new probe reverses an earlier French investigation on the event that sparked the Rwandan genocide and shifts the focus from Tutsi rebels to Hutu extremists, François Picard’s panel argues over whether in the past, there’s been a cover-up.
- Bernard MAINGAIN. Lawyer;
- Gérard PRUNIER. Senior Fellow, Atlantic Council. Author, "The Rwanda Crisis: History of a Genocide";
- Stephen W. SMITH. Visiting Professor of African & American Studies, Duke University (from Chapel Hill, NC);
- Linda MELVERN. Investigative journalist. Author, "A People Betrayed: The Role of the West in Rwanda's Genocide" (from London).