Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 20/02/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - demonstrations - Libya - Muammar Gaddafi - Popular revolt - Syria
The World This Week - Feburary 17th, 2012
The Syria conflict certainly won’t be a repeat of Libya, warn François Picard’s panel. Also, Nicolas Sarkozy starts his re-election bid and comes out slugging, the US gives China's heir apparent the red carpet treatment, and why the world’s in the throes of Lin-sanity.
- Christopher DICKEY, Newsweek Magazine's Paris Bureau Chief and Mideast editor and columnist for The Daily Beast;
- Edward CODY, Washington Post correspondent in Paris;
- Marjorie PAILLON, Journalist, host of Tech 24 on France 24;
- Charles ONYANGO-OBBO, Executive Editor, Africa & Digital Media, Nation Media Group.