French special forces intervened during an attack on an army barracks Thursday in the town of Agadez in Niger, France's Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian says.
Latest update: 21/02/2012
- Angela Merkel - bailout - eurozone - financial crisis - Greece - Lucas Papademos - Nicolas Sarkozy
Greece's done deal: what will €130 billion package buy?
For Greece, a mixture of gratitude and outrage greets a new bailout plan that offers at least temporary relief but commits Athens to years of fiscal belt-tightening.
- Nicos VERNICOS,Chairman, International Chamber of commerce in Greece
- Tarik MOUAKIL, Economist, Author of "Asset Markets, Portfolio Choice and Macroeconomic Activity"
- Philip GOLUB,Professor of International Relations, American University of Paris
- David GURWITZ, Managing Director, Charles Nenner Research