Latest update: 25/04/2012
- Austria - far right - France - French elections 2012 - Hungary - immigration - Marine Le Pen - religion - Sweden
Europe's far right: from fringe to mainstream (part 2)
They say multiculturalism has failed. They say mass immigration is a threat to national identity. They don't trust the European Union or their own elected leaders. This is the modern face of the far-right. Marine Le Pen is the perfect example of how the far-right has moved from the fringe to the mainstream across Western Europe. Laura Baines and her panel discuss how this trend has emerged, and whether it is set to continue.
- David HANLEY, Professor of European Politics, University of Portsmouth;
- Jacqueline HÉNARD, Writer and polical analyst;
- Laurent CHAMBON, Political Analyst;
- Tharsy PETROPOULOS, Chief Editor, Athens News.
Produced by Sara Bertilsson, Mary Colombel and Wassim Nasr.