Latest update: 18/07/2012
- banking - finance - Iran - Mexico - Saudi Arabia - UK - US economy - world economy
Banks: Still out of control? (part 2)
How did HSBC launder money from places like Mexico and Iran for six years? As the pendulum swings in favour of banking regulation, François Picard’s panel wonders what it will take for politicians to gain the upper hand on oversized financial institutions.
- Thierry PHILIPPONAT. Secretary General, Finance Watch;
- Markus KARLSSON. Business Editor, France 24;
- Fabrice SEYMAN. Co-founder and CEO, Lutetia Capital;
- Ronald FREEMAN. Finance director, Atlantic Council (from Albi, France).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.