At least 120 people have been killed in clashes in Bangui in the Central African Republic, a FRANCE 24 correspondent reports from the capital, where fighting between rival Muslim and Christian militias has been behind an upsurge in violence.
Latest update: 16/08/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - China - Russia - Syria - Turkey - UN Security Council - war - war crimes
The Battle of Damascus (part 2)
It’s a long road to Damascus for France 24’s reporters. When they went into Syria last month with the rebels, they found danger and a lot of determination on both sides. But is fighting the only solution? François Picard’s panel is of two minds.
- Sofia AMARA. Senior Reporter;
- Haytham MANNA. President, National Committee for Democratic Change;
- Radwan ZIADEH. Member, Syrian National Council - from Washington DC;
- Ole SOLVANG. Human Rights Watch Phoner (from Aleppo, Syria).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Shamira Muhammad.