Latest update: 18/12/2012
- Barack Obama - guns - health - Republicans (USA) - schools - shootings - US politics - USA
Connecticut school shooting: a game changer for gun control in the US? (part 2)
America is still reeling from the horrific images of 20 children aged six and seven, being gunned down in their classroom. It's still not clear what drove 20-year-old Adam Lanza to kill his mother, those children and five other women at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. Annette Young and her panel discuss whether this could be a game-changer for those advocating tighter gun control, and if President Obama is ready to take on a Republican-controlled Congress and the courts.
- Curtis YOUNG, Chairman of the Black Caucus, Democrats Abroad;
- Anne DEYSINE, US legal specialist;
- Larry PRATT, Executive Director, Gun Owners of America;
- Brian SCHIFF, Associate Professor of Psychology, AUP (American University of Paris).
Programme prepared and produced by Christopher Davis, Yann Pusztai and Ines Bebea