Latest update: 28/01/2013
- Economic crisis - education - Europe - eurozone - unemployment
A lost generation: Europe’s youth and their future
Almost a quarter of 15 to 24-year-olds in the eurozone are currently unemployed or no longer in school. In countries like Greece or Spain, that rate exceeds 50 percent. So is Europe’s youth a lost generation?
FRANCE 24’s Markus Karlsson discusses the issue with:
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC);
- László Andor, EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion;
- Rajeeb Dey, Founder and CEO of Enternships.com;
- Maurice Lévy, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Publicis Groupe and World Economic Forum Foundation Board member;
- Jonathan Teklu, Co-founder and Managing Partner of Springstar.