Ivory Coast: finally ready for elections? (Part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
Ivory Coast - coming out of seven years of civil war, with the ethnic divide still strong, and the country still cut in two by rebels – finds itself in the homestretch of a presidential election that would seal reconciliation in the once giant of Francophone West Africa. Or would it? The world's top cocoa producer is going to the polls before disarmament.
- Douglas YATES, Professor of Political Science, American University of Paris
- Elie SMITH, Senior Reporter, Telesud
- Matt WELLS, Researcher - West Africa, Human Rights Watch
- Hamadoun TOURE, Spokesperson for ONUCI
- Marco Chown OVED, France24 correspondent
Program produced by Perrine Desplats and Yi Song.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe