Going for broke: Could austerity trigger a return to recession? (part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
With growth now slowing even in Germany and China, Jan Randolph of IHS Global Insight warns against 'snuffing out the recovery' with too much (and the wrong kind) of austerity. Our panel debates the risk of a new global recession.
- Michel MARTINEZ. Chief Economist France, Société Générale ;
- Balázs EGERT. Economics Department, France/Poland Desk, OECD ;
- Marjorie ALEXANDRE. Confederal Assistant, International Department, Force Ouvrière ;
- Jan RANDOLPH. Director of Sovereign Risk Analysis, IHS Global Insight (from London);
- Georges UGEUX. Chairman and CEO, Galileo Global Advisors LLC. Former Group Executive Vice President, New York Stock Exchange (from New York);
- Michel de FABIANI. President, Franco-British Chamber of Commerce & Industry (by phone from Paris).
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe