Pressure mounting on Syria: will Arab League ultimatum stop the bloodshed?
Issued on: Modified:
The Arab League is suspending Syria over its violence against civilians. In eight months, over 3,500 people have died at the hands of security forces. The regime of Bashar al-Assad looks friendless, isolated and even desperate - its final attempts at getting that suspension overturned have been soundly rejected.
- Laurie DUNDON, Senior Fellow, Partnership for a Secure America;
- Ayham KAMEL, Middle East analyst, Eurasia Group;
- Majd AID, Syrian activist;
- Marietje SCHAAKE, MEP, Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe;
- Lucy FIELDER, France 24 correspondent in Beirut.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe