Sarkozy enters the race (part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
Way behind in the polls, Nicolas Sarkozy touts "a strong France" as he officially declares his candidacy for a second term. But will the race be about values, the economy or a personality that's earned him the nickname of "Speedy Sarko"?
- Hélène CONWAY MOURET, Socialist Senator;
- Charles GIVADINOVICH, UMP party;
- Patrick JARREAU, Politics Desk Editor, Le Monde newspaper;
- Nicolas BAYGERT, Communications Consultant (from Brussels)
- Jocelyn EVANS, Professor of Politics, University of Salford (from Salford, England, UK).
Produced by Christopher Davis, Julie Dungelhoeff, Pauline Heilmann, Mary Colombel, Anelise Borges
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe