Sarkozy the candidate
Issued on: Modified:
In his first campaign speech, Nicolas Sarkozy comes out swinging: he brands his main rival an inveterate liar and suggests referendums to crack down on perceived unemployment slackers and illegal immigrants.
- Benjamin LANCAR, Chairman, UMP youth league (from Annecy, France);
- Axelle LEMAIRE, Socialist candidate for parliament, French abroad, Northern Europe district (from London);
- Marc PERELMAN, France 24 Politics Editor;
- Sofia BOURATSIS, Journalist;
- Evelyne JOSLAIN, Member of the British Conservatives.
Produced by Julie Dungelhoeff, Pauline Heilmann, Mary Colombel, Anelise Borges.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe