Date created : Latest update :
When it came time for the Egyptian foreign minister to announce a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Gaza, it was not the Qatari or the Turkish prime minister by his side but Hillary Clinton. The relative diplomatic weight of Washington is up for discussion in the France 24 Debate.
- Barbara SLAVIN. Senior fellow, Atlantic Council. Washington correspondent for Al-Monitor (from Washington);
- Abdul Mawgoud R. DARDERY. Member of Parliament, Freedom and Justice Party (from Luxor, Egypt);
- Steven EKOVICH. Professor of Political Sciences, American University of Paris;
- Gérald OLIVIER. Columnist, Atlantico.fr; Author, "Mitt Romney, pour le renouveau du mythe américain".
- Gallagher FENWICK. France 24 Correspondent (from Gaza City).
- Chris MOORE; France 24 Correspondent (from Tel Aviv).
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.