Syria: a turning point?
Issued on: Modified:
Ever since Syria’s uprising escalated, Assad’s airpower has mostly kept rebels on the run. Now, with two military aircraft downed in two days, François Picard’s panel looks at what could be a genuine tipping point in the civil war.
- Radwan ZIADEH. Director, Syrian Center for Political and Strategic Studies (from New York);
- Joshua LANDIS. Director, Centre for Middle East Studies, University of Oklahoma; Blogger, syriacomment.com (from Oklahoma);
- Ayssar MIDANI. Member, Union of Syrian Patriots;
- Claude GUIBAL. Senior Correspondent, France Culture;
- Ole SOLVANG. Emergencies Researcher, Human Rights Watch;
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe