Italy votes: Europe frets over uncertain outcome
Issued on: Modified:
Will Italy have to return to the polls or will Beppe Grillo’s party tip the balance? François Picard’s panel breaks down early results from an election that saw the rejection of Brussels-backed technocrat Mario Monti and his austerity policies.
- Francesco SARACENO. Senior Economist, Centre de recherche en Économie (OFCE);
- Carlo INVERNIZZI. Professor of Political Science, Sciences Po Paris;
- Augusta CONCHIGLIA. Italian Freelance Journalist;
- Alberto CELANI. France 24 Observer - from Lega Nord (Northern League) Headquarters, Milan;
- Emanuele FIANO. MP for the Partito Democratico (PD) - from Bersani Headquarters in Rome;
- Paolo GRIMOLDI. MP and President of the Youth Movement, Lega Nord (Northern League);
- Seema GUPTA. France 24 Correspondent - from Berlusconi Headquarters in Rome;
- Armen GEORGIAN. France 24 International Affairs Editor - from Bersani Headquarters in Rome.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.