Cyprus, a risky rescue (part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
The debt of tiny Cyprus may have seemed like small change to the eurozone giants who insisted Nicosia share the pain of its bailout, but an unprecedented plan for a one-time tax on personal savings has since sent shockwaves around the world.
- Nathalie SAVARICAS. France 24 Correspondent (from Nicosia, Cyprus);
- Andreas EVAGORA. Cypriot journalist;
- Gerard DUSSILLOL. Chair of the Public Finances Committee, Thomas More Institute;
- Ronald FREEMAN. Member of the Executive Committee, Atlantic Council;
- Andrei BOUGROV. Senior Managing Director, Interros (from Moscow).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Claire Williams, Christopher Davis.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe