Tough love for Cyprus
Issued on: Modified:
Wall Street had its Lehman moment. Is Europe having its Laiki moment? Winding down Cyprus’ second largest bank is only the start of it for a Europe that often seems daunted by its financial imbalances.
- Costas LAPAVITSAS. Professor of Economics at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS). Author, "Crisis in the Eurozone" (from London);
- Thomas KLAU. Head of the Paris Bureau, European Council on Foreign Relations;
- Jean Paul BETBEZE. President, "Betbèze Conseil". Former Chief Economist, Crédit Agricole;
- Andrea D'AMBRA. Member, Beppe Grillo's "5 Star movement". Former candidate for the Italian legislative elections.
- Nathalie SAVARICAS. France 24 Correspondent (from Nicosia).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Claire Williams, Christopher Davis.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe