Egypt: Return of the army?
Issued on: Modified:
Now that the army has given Mohamed Morsi 48 hours to reach a deal or else, François Picard’s panel argues over whether it’s right to push out the democratically-elected president of Egypt... and whether the army will stick to its pledge to this time stay out of politics.
- Hanna YOUSEF, Egyptian activist member of the "Tamarod Rebellion Campaign";
- Steven EKOVICH, Professor of Political Science, American University of Paris;
- Mona MAKRAM EBEID, Professor of Political Sciences, American University of Cairo, Former MP at the National Assembly (Pro-army);
- Zaïnab YASSIN, Member of the Freedom and Justice Party;
- Kathryn STAPLEY, France 24 correspondent in Egypt.
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Diaraye Bah
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe