Detroit bankruptcy: is it contagious? (part 2)
Issued on: Modified:
Say "Detroit" and many in Europe think Greece. Beyond the tragedy of a city that’s lost a quarter of its population in a decade, the Motor City’s demise highlights just how much bad debt is still out there swishing around.
- Amine OUAZAD, Assistant Professor of Economics & Political Science, INSEAD;
- Raquel GARRIDO, Spokesperson in charge of international relations, Parti de Gauche (Left Party);
- Oliver GRIFFITH, Head of communication, International Finance Cooperation;
- Ludovic SUBRAN, Chief Economist & Director for Economic research, Euler Hermes.
- Douglas BERNSTEIN, Managing partner of Plunkett Cooney's Banking, Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights.
Programme prepared and produced by Emmanuelle Landais, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe