War in Syria: where do Kurds stand?
Issued on: Modified:
For years the Kurds were persecuted and oppressed but since the Syrian war broke out in 2011, they have enjoyed a certain autonomy in the northeast region close to Turkey and Iraq.Laura Cellier and her panel revisit Syria and look at the impact of the fighting on the country's largest minority - the Kurds.
- William JORDAN, Former State Department official
- Elias WARDE, Member, Syrian National Council
- Shwan ZULAL, Kurdish blogger
- Barak BARFI, Research fellow, New America Foundation
- Majid RAFIZADEH, Lecturer, Oxford University
Programme produced and prepared by Annelise Borges, Dheepthi Namasivayam and Diaraye Bah.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe